Saturday, January 2, 2016

1st Military Victory!!!

10 x 10 Challenge - Plays 1-2
1 x 100 Challenge - Plays 11 - 12

Let me tell you a little bit about this game. It's a two-player game based on another game called 7 Wonders where you are building some of the ancient wonders and a civilization. The one with the most victory points at the end of the game wins. 7 Wonders is a great game, but the two player option for this game is not that great. This game is a genuinely wonderful two player experience.

There are three eras in which you get more  advanced resources and civilization improvements. Ultimately there are three paths to victory:

  1. Civilian (Earning the most Victory Points)
  2. Military (Getting to the end of the Military Track)
  3. Scientific (Acquiring 7 different Science Symbols)

Up until now, Mark and I have only managed to beat each other with Civilian victories. Play #11 gave us our first Military Victory. It came on the last possible play of Era III. I took the last card of Era III and the last of my money and bought the resources to build the Statue of Zeus. This gave me the last needed shield to gain a military victory over Mark. He was surprised. I was gleeful. It was good.

Play #12: I won in a Civilian victory with a score of  64-59 against Mark.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! I will review them as soon as I can and make them live. I'm just trying to keep out the spammers. I'm sure you understand. :-)